picture header

picture header

Saturday, September 27, 2014

Here's to you, youth

Im just learning to fly.

Soon enough I'll be able to spread my wings and take off into an adult life that I've been waiting for for 17 years.

But before that, here is to you, youth.

Here's to the friends, the only ones who truely understand me, and the ones who have always been there for me.

To the crushes and the girls that I wish I would have kissed.

Here's to the nights of endless fun, nights that would never end.

Here's to the bike crashes, the scrapes and the bruises. 

To playing with friends every night, never getting bored of the same old things.

Here's to the summer vacations, the freedom, and the sunburns. The trips to Powell, the crazy campouts, and the hike to the top of timp.

To the winters, the snow, and the Christmas breaks.  To the sledding in the backyard, the hot chocolate, and to looking for Santa and his reindeer on Christmas eve.

Here's to the fall, when piles of leaves made the most comfortable beds.  To the backyard football and street basketball.

To spring, when the snow finally melted and green grass and blossoms on the trees were the most welcome things in the world.

Here's to the nights of cramming for tests, writing papers, and finishing homework at 2 am.

To the weekends that flew by way too fast.  Weekends that were the only thing to look forward to during the week.

Here's to the championship where defeat was too bitter.  To the next year when victory was too sweet.

Here's to the ups and the downs, the triumphs and the failures.

Here's to everything youth, I wish I could relive you a million times.

But then again, I'm ready to fly.


1 comment:

  1. "but then again, i'm ready to fly" hey me too.
    but i totally feel ya on this. #relateable

    ReplyDelete