picture header

picture header

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Chasing That Happily Ever After.

I wish I would just fall in love already.

But I'm too busy chasing a happily ever after.

Actually, I haven't really been chasing it at all, I've been waiting for it to come to me.
And so far I've had pretty crappy luck.  Love isn't something that simply falls into your lap.  Love isn't something that just happens.  Like anything of value, love takes time.  Love takes patience.  You can't wait for it to come to you, you have to go get it, chase it, and never let it out of your sight.  

That's something I'm just beginning to understand.  

But love is like Oxygen,
Love is like Light, 
Love is essential.

Love is something that everyone needs to live and not just survive.  Sooner or later, I'm going to catch up to it, because at some point, everyone will find love-

The nerds,
The jocks,
The hipsters,
The musicians,
The geeks,

Everyone will find love, as long as they chase their own happily ever after. 

Happily ever afters don't have to be just for Disney movies.  They can be for everyone, just like love can be for everyone.

Love is real.

Its not something reserved for a select few, something only allowed in romantic comedies and in cheesy tv shows.  Its not something that can only be found in almost every song ever made.

Its for all of us, and even if it takes a while, we'll all find it.

So go find love, don't wait for it to come to you.  That's a mistake I've made before, and one that I don't plan on repeating.

I'll be busy chasing after my happily ever after.

1 comment:

  1. Alright yeah I like this a lot!! From the very beginning this was all so true and real to me.

    ReplyDelete