picture header

picture header

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Bag full of Bricks

I feel like I have a bag of bricks weighing me down.

It is tough trying to fit in at lone peak.  Everyone seems to have it all; the nice cars, beautiful homes, fancy phones, designer clothes.  Most of all it seems like everyone at our "world class" high school has their group of friends.

I had mine.

Now however I find myself alone on weekends, with a silent phone and a bunch of bricks strapped to my back.

However I know that I am not alone.

It seems like everyone has something in their lives that at times feels like a bag full of bricks that they can't get rid of.

Something I have come to realize is that humans are very good actors.  One may seem normal at school but in reality their life may be falling apart.  Being one of these actors myself makes me wonder who else is too.

I walk through the halls of lone peak and wonder as I pass my peers if they, like me, are acting normal but are weighed down by invisible bricks that just wont disappear. 

When times are tough and we feel as though the invisible bricks will finally break us, just keep moving on.  These things will pass.

You are not alone.

1 comment:

  1. "One may seem normal at school but in reality their life may be falling apart."

    You never know what someone may be going through

    ReplyDelete