picture header

picture header

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Crayons

I wish high school was just like elementary school.  Looking back, I had so much fun in elementary school.  Parties on every holiday, even the small ones we forget about now that we are older, recess, field days, dance festivals, school plays, and playing with crayons.  But now we cant really do anything like that.  Sure we can drive to subway for lunch now if we want, but all I know is I would much rather play a good game of touch football or a round of speed on the court during lunch.  I see my cousins go who are still in elementary school and I really envy them.

In a year I could be half way across the world, speaking a new language and interacting with people I would have never dreamed possible.  As taboo as it is to admit that you are afraid of something, I'm afraid of growing up.  Leaving the fun world of my childhood in the dust as I am hurled into the grim adult world really scares me.  The older you get, the more things are required of you.  In ten years I may to be the parent sending their kid off to their first year of school, and if I am I already know I'm going to wish I was back in their shoes- going off to recess, field days, and playing with crayons.

No comments:

Post a Comment